network printing query, mailing list request

Martin S. Weinhous weinhous at dinorah.wustl.edu
Sat Feb 11 01:49:10 AEST 1989

We operate two 4D70GTs under IRIX 3.1C ('though they will soon both be
upgraded to 4D120GTXs).  Also, our systems are NFSed to one another and to
a DEC microVAX II running ULTRIX 3.0 on our ethernet.  However, the only
printer we can reach is a DEC LN03 attached to a DEC terminal server on
that same ethernet.

We would greatly appreciate suggestions for either (1) directly accessing
the LN03 printer from the Irises via a clone of DEC's LAT or (2)
indirectly accessing the printer via the microVAX with a Berkeley style
network print spooler.

Please reply directly, I will summerize and post results to the net.

Lastly, (to whom it may concern) please add me to the info-IRIS mailing list.

Thanks to all ...

				Marty Weinhous
			<weinhous at castor.wustl.edu>
			<...!uunet!wucs1!dinorah!weinhous>