flight's concept of a 'good landing'

G. Murdock Helms timelord at eos.UUCP
Sat Feb 18 09:15:19 AEST 1989

 (jim frost) writes:
>Yes, I know, but it upsets me a little because it won't refuel you.

We were getting a giggle just yesterday about the way dog refuels your
jet on touchdown...even though you're still doing 300 knots!  I can
just see the ground crew now, running after the jet with the hose in
one hand....

>I've never tried that but my co-worker has always been amused at the
>ability to do barrel-rolls and loops in a 747.  I'm kind of amused at
>what you can do in a cessna too.

Cessnas make wonderful stealth aircraft when flown against any of the jets.
By the time the jet pilot's seen you, it's too late for him to set up on
you before he blows past.

> I keep hoping that some new version
>will have the wings fall off as they should.  I'm also waiting for the
>day that I shoot someone down in dog and the plane comes apart and
>falls to earth in flaming pieces.  This particular effect would have
>the bonus of making it easier to avoid planes you've destroyed (I hate
>the shoot/dodge-explosion sequence).

I've heard rumours that this may be in the future.  Have you noticed on
the GTX that the rudder moves, the flames change length according to thrust,
and the landing gear fold up and down?  Now if we could only have head-on
collisions.....

>Yours for a more realistic way to waste time,

Hear hear.  I'm waiting for the graphic chess game that lets you choose
texture and color for the pieces and the board..including crystal...and
a changing viewpoint that you could even attach to chesspieces and get a
'pawn's eye' view of the board.  Hint, hint.

-Murdock