flight's concept of a 'good landing'

Dave Forsey drforsey at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:08:37 AEST 1989

In article <27060 at sgi.SGI.COM> dunlap at bigboote.SGI.COM (D. Christopher Dunlap) writes:
>In article <8902172038.AA26677 at adt.uucp>, madd at adt.UUCP (jim frost) writes:
>> >Or flying through all four buildings in one pass.
>>
>> Or taking off across the runway and turning inside the tower flying an
>> f15 or f16.  It's pretty easy with the f16 but the f15 doesn't perform
>> quite so well.  I also like to do 8g turns at below 100ft immediately
>> after take-off, or to lift and immediately go into a roll.  Looks
>> impressive in airshows!
>
>I used to have a good airshow where I headed down the length of the
>runway, lifted off, snap-roll, touchdown, and liftoff again. Took me a
>few takes though. Again, I think Rob originated this trick too.

A hard stunt is to start off across the runway straight towards the tower,
snap roll burying the cockpit below ground (without crashing), touching down
and lifting off *before* you reach the tower itself.

An easier but fun flight is to take off from the runway, pull immediately
into a vertical climb, cut power, continue the loop and land as close as
possible to the same end you took off from.  Repeat at the other end
without stopping.

And while we're at it, why not have a version of dog that allows "manned"
anti-aicraft emplacements on the tower, buildings or ground?
The mouse controls elevation and orientation with a steady stream of 20mm
fire while a mouse button is held down. Heck, why not make them movable AA
batteries....

     Dave Forsey