PAX for the IRIS (Bug or missing bits)

Jean-Francois Lamy lamy at ai.utoronto.ca
Sat May 27 07:35:32 AEST 1989

In article <9915 at watcgl.waterloo.edu> gbaciu at watcgl.waterloo.edu (George Baciu [CGL]) writes:
>In article <33705 at sgi.SGI.COM>, jmb at patton.sgi.com (Jim Barton) writes:
>> [PAX for the IRIS 4D series, Part 1 of 4]
>>
>> Due to the large number of requests I have had, I am posting 'pax' for
>> the 4D for everyone.  Cut off the cruft, glue the files together,
>> uudecode the result, and there you have it.  The man page is being posted
>> separately.
>>

>Has anybody tested pax yet? On our 4D/120 GTX running 3.1 pax does not
>expand directory pathnames very well. In fact, it gets stuck in an
>infinite loop with a message saying of the sort "No such file dir/f}y" .
>This is when doing in the current directory:
>	pax -w -f archive *

How about posting *source* for PD programs, or pointing people to a source
for it and posting patches so the people who already have it, may have fixed
other things, can merge everything back in a single version?

Jean-Francois Lamy               lamy at ai.utoronto.ca, uunet!ai.utoronto.ca!lamy
AI Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Canada M5S 1A4