Windows

Phil Dykstra phil at BRL.MIL
Wed May 17 10:23:38 AEST 1989

Perhaps I didn't say what I should have, so one last point before I
shut up:

   If we have to run graphics programs under MAX, fine, but I wish
   then that SGI could figure out how to make MAX *always* available.

That is, I object to MAX starting and stopping based on someone logging
into the physical console.  There shouldn't have to be *anyone* logged in
to use the graphics.  You should be able to rexec/rsh graphics programs.
The mechanism/services of the window system shouldn't be tied to a
particular user ID.

There are security issues to tackle with this, but I wish the presence
of MAX wasn't tied to someone logging in/out of the console.  Has anyone
at SGI thought of a way to implement this?

- Phil