SGI licencing of X windows

Les Milash les at unicads.UUCP
Wed May 3 02:51:53 AEST 1989

In article <237 at noether.UUCP> rosalia at noether.UUCP (Mark Galassi) writes:
>I found out that Silicon Graphics gives you the distribution of X
>windows for free, but charges you a certain monthly amount (in our
>case $15/month).
speaking for myself only {
	we're using the MIT stuff, with some patches that were
	supposedly authored by SGI folks that our sysop ftp'd down
	from some machine at MIT, and it doesn't exactly seem "X compilant"
	to me.  largely, but the differences don't look like they're
	gonna be one-line changes to fix.

	that's with the 4D-70G as the server.  using it on the client side
	with a "known good" server, things are fine, and of course those
	R2000's are quick application servers.

	but man! when it does work does it ever work fast!!! BraVo!
	Running an app on a Sun4 with a 4D drawing your lines! Yes yes!
}
	if anybody (from SGI?) can tell me that it's cause i'm stupid
	and there's some better version i ought to be using PLEASE DO SO.

Les Milash
Unicad Inc.
303-443-6961