fonts

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.SGI.COM
Thu May 11 08:35:23 AEST 1989

In article <8905101345.AA00690 at pig.drea.dnd.ca>, zsd at PIG.DREA.DND.CA (Jim Diamond) writes:
> We have a 3130 and a 4d series machine.  The general opinion here
> is that the default font on the 3130 is much easier to read than
> the one you get on the 4d.  In fact, I went through all of the
> fonts on our 4d machine and wasn't particularly keen on any of them.

What release of the OS are you running?  Since release 3.0 we have been
providing a font manager library (libfm) that has a large collection of
fonts which it can scale and rotate.  It gives you access to the same
font machinery used by the PostScript interpreter in NeWS.

wsh can use any of those fonts.  It's not limited to the ones it lists in
its menus.  There is even a 24-point courier that should be big enough for
anyone to read.  Note that fixed width fonts tend to work better with wsh.

All of the X fonts have been added to the collection with effect from
Release 3.1.
--
	-Mark