Power Fortran Multi-processing

Bron Campbell Nelson bron at bronze.SGI.COM
Sat May 6 16:33:26 AEST 1989

In article <890505182901.2cc14a47 at SCRI1.SCRI.FSU.EDU>, MCCALPIN at SCRI1.SCRI.FSU.EDU writes:
> We have a Power Series 120 machine here for a demo/loan, and
> I have had trouble getting anything useful out of the Power
> Fortran preprocessor.
> [description of a very reasonable looking attempt]

Everything in your note sounded fine, and the code certainly sounds
like it should multi-process well.

The thing to do is to profile the code. e.g.
     f77 -pfa keep -WK,-O=4,-UR=4 -O2 test.f -o test   -p
                                                      ^^^
and then run it again.  This will produce "n" pc-sample files (one for the
master process, and one for each slave process).  Then by looking
at them with prof e.g.
     prof test mon.out12345
you should be able to see what's going on.

--
Bron Campbell Nelson
bron at sgi.com  or possibly  ..!ames!sgi!bron