Screen Dump.

Glenn Randers-Pehrson, WMB glennrp at BRL.MIL
Thu May 4 05:28:37 AEST 1989

 > From: swenson at NUSC-WPN.ARPA
 > Subject: Screen Dump.
 >
 > 	I would like to perform a screen dump from a 4D-60T to a file in
 > PostScript format to be sent to an Apple (alias Sun) LaserWriter printer.
 > I would like at least 16 (probably dithered) grey levels and the option to
 > select seperate windows or the entire screen to be dumped.  Am I in the
 > land of fantasy?  I would appreciate any suggestions on this subject.
 > Thanks.

	I've done it on a 2500T and 3130, in FORTRAN, 2 levels.  It uses
a run-length encoding of scan-lines  to save space.  I will
soon be porting the code to a 4D/220GTX.  If this is what you want, you
may have the source.  I have also done a QMS-QUIC screen dump, which
usually takes about 1/5 the disc space of the PostScript file.

Glenn Randers-Pehrson, US Army Ballistic Research Lab <glennrp at brl.mil>