Windows

G. Murdock Helms timelord at eos.UUCP
Thu May 18 09:40:26 AEST 1989

 ("Brent L. Bates TAD/TAB ms294 x42854") writes:

>   NFS is running on a couple of machines here, but I don't think
>it is working 100% (or even 90%).  One thing you HAVE to have before
>even trying to use NFS is OS 3.6.  NFS does not work with 3.5 or lower.

We're running NFS on our Irises...our 2400Turbo is the fileserver for
both a 3130 and a 4DGTX, and we've been pretty happy with it so far.
I'm planning to try turning the GTX into an NFS server for our Personal
Iris next.  The only problem we've had (and this is important): I like
to run all my backups at the same time.  Saves time.  At any rate,
don't forget to dismount shared directories/filesystems from the client
BEFORE you bring the server down for backups.  Otherwise, your server
will happily run backups while the client twiddles its thumbs for the
next half hour while it tries to figure out what's going on.  At the first
mention of a shared filesystem, it goes off into neverneverland, and the
old "ctrl backslash" trick doesn't seem to work on the GTX.

-Murdock