Swapping performance on a 8MB 70/GT

Knobi der Rechnerschrat XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET
Thu May 18 15:52:28 AEST 1989

Hallo,

   we have got a rather annoying problem (as we haven't got enough money
to fix it the hard(ware) way). We have an application that uses a lot of
memory (just at the moment 30MB) and is jumping back and forth in that area
(I know we should not do it, but thats the way it works). At that point the
machine is dead, paging and io-waitng all the time. Are there some system
parameters that we can try to tune in order to increase system performance,
or is the only way to either buy more memory or write a new program?

Regards
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt
Physical Chemistry 1 (soon: Center for Molecular Modelling)
Petersenstrasse 20
D-6100 Darmstadt, FRG

BITNET: <XBR2D96D at DDATHD21>