Graphics problem on a personal iris

Urs Meyer meyer at ifi.unizh.ch
Fri May 5 19:34:03 AEST 1989

Our Personal Iris 4D/20G running SD3.1C exhibits problems when drawing
polygons.  The top pixel row and the right pixel column are not
affected by the polygon drawing routines (bgn/endpolygon, v3...).
This happens with all programs I've written as well as with the
bounce or spin logo demos from SGI.  You may use mag (which, however, has its
own problems on a personal iris) and notice a slightly thicker black border.
Since I'm reading back such drawings to postprocess them, those
pixels introduce severe errors.  Surprisingly, lrectread works just fine
for reading back the pixels.
The problem does not occur on a 4D/70GT (same OS level).

Another problem:
Can somebody explain me, why vi needs a huge amount of space in /tmp?
e.g.:

	-rw-r--r--   1 meyer    100000 Mar 17 10:54 foo
	% vi foo
	-rw-------   1 meyer    835584 Mar 17 11:00 /tmp/Ex05442
				^^^^^^!!

The available space on our root filesystem of ~7MB therefore limits vi to edit
files up to only ~900KB.

But on a SUN3 (SunOS 4.0) or a VAX (4.3BSD):
	-rw-------  1 meyer    106408 Mar 17 11:03 /tmp/Ex02457

--
BTW: