ntsc settings for 4Ds

Sam Fulcomer sgf at brunix
Thu May 4 03:08:13 AEST 1989

In article <8905021541.AA14727 at masig2.ocean.fsu.edu> davis at MASIG2.OCEAN.FSU.EDU (Alan Davis) writes:
> 1) trying to reset the monitor for ntsc.  The code for our old iris does
>    not work and the docs. don't offer much help.  Has anyone successfully
>    implemented this feature?  Must you have a genlock board for this to

You don't need the genlock board to output rs170a as long as that's the
secondary video option that you chose for the machine. The genlock just allows
the IRIS to lock onto an external sync signal (usually cleaner than the IRIS'
internal sync. To get a 4D to output ntsc without genlocking to an external
signal:

setvideo(DE_R1, 0x00);          /* zeros out the register; some 4D's get
                                 * into a funks state if you don't
                                 */
setvideo(CG_MODE, 0x2);
setvideo(DE_R1, 0xaa);

to go back to high-res:

setvideo(DE_R1, 0x00);
setvideo(CG_MODE, 0x07);
setvideo(DE_R1, 0x4a);

If you're genlocked to external sync the CG_MODE value to get ntsc is 0x3
rather than 0x2.

(don't know about the keyboards...)