Disk Controllers.

roseg at TAURUS.BITNET roseg at TAURUS.BITNET
Tue May 23 17:45:48 AEST 1989

Hi everybody,

We are considering the purchase of a 4D/80S as an 'ld' server sort of
thing, since the performance over the network is horrendous (we have a
few 4D/70's and Personals, and use a variety of servers). The idea is
to have this machine use local disks, thus saving some network traffic.

Right now we are looking at the Interphase 4201 ESDI controller with
the 20MHz 760Mb drives. We have here the (older) 3201 controller, but
it's rather too slow for our taste. We did consider the SMD disks, but
the price...

I would be grateful for any experiences you may want to share
concerning various disk controllers/disks/CPU's combinations. Please
mail directly - I will summarize to the net.

Thanks,

                                        Robert
                                        roseg at taurus.BitNet