Screen Dump.

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.SGI.COM
Sat May 6 07:03:06 AEST 1989

In article <8905030950.aa10952 at SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, swenson at NUSC-WPN.ARPA writes:
> 	I would like to perform a screen dump from a 4D-60T to a file in
> PostScript format to be sent to an Apple (alias Sun) LaserWriter printer.
> I would like at least 16 (probably dithered) grey levels and the option to
> select seperate windows or the entire screen to be dumped.  Am I in the
> land of fantasy?  I would appreciate any suggestions on this subject.
> Thanks.

Look in 4Dgifts.  Use icut to make your screen dumps in sgi image format.
Then use tops to convert it to PostScript.  tops preserves 1, 2, 4, or 8
colors in the PostScript output leaving it up to the PostScript device to
convert those colors into b/w.  It also gives you control over the half-tone
screens.

--
	-Mark