What? Hard coded keyboard speed.

John Buchanan juancho at dgp.toronto.edu
Fri May 19 06:06:39 AEST 1989

	In my never ending to get a decent repeat rate on a personal Iris
I ran across these gems.

First

	'The keyboard serial I/O interface uses RS423 levels and
	 communicates asynchronously to the system at 600 baud.'

Second

	'When auto-repeat is enabled a pressed key will begin auto-
	 repeating after 0.65 seconds and repeat 28 times per second'

Is there a reason that these two variables are not variables but
constants?  One cannot help but think that Murphy's first law of engineering
was applied too literally.

	'Variables don't, constants aren't'

John W. Buchanan                  Dynamic Graphics Project
               			  Computer Systems Research Institute
				  University of Toronto
(416) 978-6619			  Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A4

BITNET:		juancho at explorer.dgp.utoronto
EAN:		juancho at explorer.dgp.toronto.cdn
UUCP:		...!explorer.dgp.toronto.edu!juancho