Another Backup Tool

Jim Barton jmb at patton.sgi.com
Wed May 31 10:48:44 AEST 1989

In article <312 at alias.UUCP>, rae%alias at csri.utoronto.ca (Reid Ellis) writes:
> jmb at patton.sgi.com (Jim Barton) writes:
> |In case anyone is interested, I have ported 'pax'
>
> What did you have to change?  Could you post the patches to the source as
> well as the binaries?  I've been using pax in its tar incarnation on Iris
> 4Ds for the last couple of months [since pax was posted] and the only
> problem I've encountered has been creating new archives on old tapes that
> already have stuff on them.  Is this what you patched?
>
> 					Reid

Hope you didn't miss my last posting, but my only purpose in posting 'pax'
was for those poor souls without access to the source or a way (or the
knowledge) of how to build it.  If you built it yourself, then it should be
identical to what I built.  I never changed a line of code.

-- Jim Barton
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems    "UNIX: Live Free Or Die!"
jmb at sgi.sgi.com, sgi!jmb at decwrl.dec.com, ...{decwrl,sun}!sgi!jmb

  "I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
			- Elvis Costello, 'Red Shoes'