problems with winopen()

Mike Goss goss at SNOW-WHITE.MERIT-TECH.COM
Tue May 30 23:41:07 AEST 1989

Regarding the message from Alwin Dieperink about winopen and processes:

> Does anyone have an idea ?? Why does winopen() create a new process ? How can I
> solve that problem ? or did I miss something in the manuals ?

Winopen normally does a fork to run as a separate process detached
from your original shell.  You can prevent this behavior by calling
"foreground()" before calling winopen.  This is also useful if you are
trying to use dbx or edge on a graphics process.

Mike Goss, Merit Technology Inc.