Printing and Backups on the SGI

David Wood wood at acf4.NYU.EDU
Sat May 20 07:39:00 AEST 1989

	Yes, I've ported the bsd lpr to a 40/70GT running 3.1B.
	It took me a two or three days to do, it took me that long to
	figure out what exactly was missing.  With a little help it
	should take a day or two.  Somewhere a symbol is being
	redefined, I believe SGI has a problem with some of
	their include files being reincluded, but that isn't
	too hard to deal with.  Here's what I had to do
	as best as I can reconstruct. (I didn't do this with
	diff/patch because I'm sure everyones' lpr is hacked up
	differently).  Because of licencing I shouldn't
	be more specific than this.  Good Luck - david

	Files that need changing...

		<bsd/exec.h> <bsd/sys/un.h>	/* Add to file system */
		<bsd/sys/ioctl.h>
		lp.h
		lpd.c lpr.c printjob.c startdaemon.c

	What to do in general...

		1) SGI does not support UNIX sockets, so change
			all UNIX sockets to INET sockets.
			ifdef out any code for UNIX sockets.

		2) Get copies of exec.h and un.h and put them in
			/usr/include/bsd/exec.h
			/usr/include/bsd/sys/un.h

		3) chown by name is not supported, use fchown
			lookout for argument changes