How to view postscript image

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Fri Jun 1 04:36:05 AEST 1990

In article <772 at ki.UUCP>, dwatts at ki.UUCP (Dan Watts) writes:

|> I have some postscript images that I'd like to display on my SGI.
|> Is there a program that will display the image or convert it to
|> something that ipaste can display?

You can try psview and psh.  If the images are in the form of a PostScript
program psview should be able to display them on the screen.  It they are
in the form of hexadecimal ascii data that is read using the "currentfile"
operator then the release 3.2 version of psview will not display them
but psh will be able to.  The drawback is the psh will draw them on the
background.  The release 3.3 version of psview should be able to display them
in either case.

--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."