4Dgifts and 4sight server from 3.3 tapes.

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Thu Jun 28 10:52:10 AEST 1990

In article <Jun.26.19.48.44.1990.2662 at u2.rutgers.edu>,
broderic at u2.rutgers.edu (Alfred J. Broderick) writes:

|> Hi!
|>
|>         A few weeks ago, Mark Callow mentioned that there were some
|>         incompatibilities between 4Sight 3.3 and the ~4Dgifts/.4sight/*.ps
|>         files.  One of the problems was that the frame title gets

I DID NOT say that.  The incompatibility is between the release 3.2.1
/usr/NeWS/lib/NeWS/sgiwin.ps and the 3.2 (and earlier)
4Dgifts/.4sight/window.ps subclass.

A corrected window.ps was distributed with release 3.2.3.  There is no problem
in 3.3.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

If you are upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 and you had copied
~4Dgifts/.4sight/window.ps to your own ~/.4sight, you *must* replace it with a
copy of the window.ps distributed with 3.3.

The corrected window.ps file for 3.2.[123] and 3.3 was posted to this group a
few days ago by someone from our hotline.  I originally posted this file
several months ago, when I first discovered the problem.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."