something I noticed the other day

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Fri Jun 15 04:11:03 AEST 1990

In article <5159 at uceng.UC.EDU>, trohling at uceng.UC.EDU (tom rohling) writes:
|> Here's a little quirk I wonder if anyone can explain:
|>
|>    Now, the next day I change the name of the program to say, prog2.c.  Same
|>    program, just a new name.  I recompile everything and run it again.  Now
|>    if I run the program again and want to kill it in the same way as before,
|>    the menu item still says "Quit prog1".  ** It doesn't show the new
name of

I bet your prog1 contained the line

	winopen("prog1");

and your prog2 contains the same line

	winopen("prog1");

The name used in the menu comes from the argument to the winopen command.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."