How to do non-blocking keyboard input

Archer Sully archer at elysium.esd.sgi.com
Thu Jun 14 09:31:40 AEST 1990

In article <14670 at thorin.cs.unc.edu> taylorr at glycine.cs.unc.edu (Russell Taylor) writes:

>	I want to do non-blocking keyboard I/O in a program.  Basically, the
>routine will read a character from the keyboard if there is one and return
>NULL if there is not.  This is done in a tight loop with reads and writes
>to other devices.  How to I get a character from the keyboard if there is
>one and a NULL if there is not?

Check out 'Advanced UNIX(tm) Programming' by Marc Rochkind.  It contains
more answers to this (and all of the other questions that you will inevitably
have) than I would care to post.

--
Archer Sully 	      |  Ask not what you can do for you country,
(archer at esd.sgi.com)  |  But what your country's been doing to you.