4D/120GTX flashing lines

Lance M. Optican - LMO lmo at lsr-vax.UUCP
Fri Jun 1 01:58:27 AEST 1990

We have had endless problems with the lines flashing on and off on
our 4D/120GTX machine.  As near as we can tell, there is some interaction
between the csh environment variables and the SGI per/process tables.
To fix the problem, be sure that "CPUBOARD=IP5" is set in your environment.
If that doesn't fix the problem, start removing unused variables
from your environment.

If anyone has a better fix for this problem, or understands the true
source of the difficulty (rather than my superstitious belief), please
post it!