Help with font manager & distributed GL

Scott E. Townsend fsset at neptune.lerc.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 30 03:06:42 AEST 1990

I'd appreciate any help on how to get the font manager routines to work in
a distributed GL application.  I originally wrote a normal GL application
using the font manager and it works ok.  I then wanted to extend this
program across a network.  After setting-up the dgl stuff on the Personal
Irises (running IRIX 3.2), I modified my makefile and code as described
in the 4Sight manual.  The result was three undefined symbols:

	gl_drawbitmap
	gl_beginstring
	gl_endstring

These symbols are defined in libgl.a and libgl_s.a, but not libdgl.a

I tried linking with libgl_s.a at the very end of the ld command, to pick
up just these symbols, but the program gets a segmentation violation at the
first fmprstr call.  I then commented-out all fmprstr calls and the program
runs (but with no text of course)

So, does anyone know how to get the font manager to work in a distributed
GL application?  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks.

Scott Townsend               |   Phone: 216-433-8101
NASA Lewis Research Center   |   Mail Stop: 5-11
Cleveland, Ohio  44135       |   Email: fsset at neptune.lerc.nasa.gov