du on SUN nfs-mounted IRIS file system

Loki Jorgenson Rm421 loki at physics.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 14 21:54:28 AEST 1990

	We have a mixed IRIS/SUN environment (IRIX3.2.1/SUN OS3.5).  When
one does a "du" on an IRIS-owned NFS-mounted file system from a
SUN, the number of bytes is wrong.  Usually, it is only a small fraction
of what is truly there.

	I am aware of the bytes/blocks distinction between the two machines.
(ie.  IRISes measure things in 512 byte blocks).  This disparity is much
worse than that.  There is *definitely* something amiss.  Is there a fix?

Regards,

Loki Jorgenson			node:  loki at physics.mcgill.ca
Physics, McGill University	fax:   (514) 398-3733
Montreal Quebec CANADA		phone: (514) 398-6531

	<< Waxing frees the mind and makes the legs smooth >>