gifview 2.1

Chris Schoeneman jindak at surfside.sgi.com
Thu Jun 28 08:56:33 AEST 1990

Hi there,
    for those of you interested in viewing GIF files,
'gifview 2.1' is available.  (I know what you're saying:
your 'gifview' doesn't have a version number.  That's okay, you
don't have 2.1)  'gifview 2.1' has the following features:

   * color map or RGB modes available (8,12,24 bits)
   * autodetection of available hardware
   * up to 8 color map pictures at once (with 12 bit planes)
   * 'unlimited' pictures in RGB mode
   * border can be turned on (since now it defaults to off)
   * position on screen can be specified on command line
   * images can be moved, stowed
   * images can be buffered when drawn for quicker redraws

It's a little faster and the source is a lot easier to understand.
If you're interested send me a note via email and send a copy out
to you.  I'll try to get this posted for anonymous FTP ASAP.  I'll
let you know when and where.

	       Chris Schoeneman | I was neat, clean, shaved and sober,
    jindak at surfside.esd.sgi.com | and I didn't care who knew it.
	 Silicon Graphics, Inc. |		-Raymond Chandler
	      Mountain View, CA |		 (The Big Sleep)