include files for bsd ioctl system calls

Brad Zoltick - LMO brad at lsr-vax.UUCP
Wed Jun 13 10:29:49 AEST 1990

In article <uunet!mcnc.org!thorin!glycine!taylor> Russell Taylor
writes:

>	We have an IRIS 4D running OS 3.2.2.  I am trying to find the
> include file that defines 'struct sgttyb'.  I know it must be there
> somewhere, because /usr/include/curses.h makes use of the structure
> in one of its definitions.  However, I have done :
>   find /usr/include -name \*.h -exec grep -l sgttyb {} \;
> and none of the include files that show up define this structure.

The ioctl and fcntl(SYSV) system calls differ significantly between
SYSV and bsd and between different versions. This makes writing portable
code rather difficult.  Anyone who has ported an editor from one Unix
system to another encounters problems with different ioctl usage.

The structure you require,  'struct sgttyb' is defined under SUNOS in
/usr/include/sys/ttold.h. You will probably need 'struct tchars'
from this header also.

				Brad Zoltick

Mail addresses for 'brad' at lsr-vax:

UUCP:		...uunet!lsr-vax!brad
INTERNET:	lsr-vax!brad at uunet.uu.net or brad%lsr-vax.UUCP at uunet.uu.net
BITNET:		At present, must use the INTERNET address through
		a BITNET-to-Internet gateway.