Irix 3.2 mounting SunOS 3.5 crashes the Sun; workarounds?

Geoff Collyer geoff at utstat.uucp
Thu Jun 7 14:56:30 AEST 1990

When our 4D220 mounts our Sun 3's disks via NFS and users on the 4D
exercise NFS heavily, the Sun crashes with a kernel mode bus error in
nfsd in ufs_vget, apparently just after the call to iget, during stack
adjustment(!).  Has anybody else seen this?  Do you know what the SGI
is doing that causes the Sun to crash?  Do you have a fix (source or
binary) or a workaround?  (No, upgrading to 4.1 isn't an option until
Sun fixes its ALM support yet again and multi-user dumps stop crashing
4.1.)
Geoff Collyer		utzoo!utstat!geoff, geoff at utstat.toronto.edu