Unable to login if the login directory is NFS mounted ?

martin martinm at kmart.sgi.com
Thu Jun 28 07:56:15 AEST 1990

In article <4846 at marvin.cme.nist.gov> tarnoff at cme.nist.gov (Nicholas Tarnoff) writes:

>I have tried several times to manually add a /etc/passwd entry in
>order for a user to login to a home directory that is NFS mounted.
>
>The result is that the user has no console or toolchests.

there is/was a bug in 3.2 where users with nfs mounted home directories
would lsoe things. the problem occured if there was anything in .login
or .cshrc that began with capital L set in a setenv statement, ie
if this line were in .cshrc " setenv LINES 40". this is one possibility
that i know of. hope it helps.

Martin McDonald
SGI
			Life is unpredictable.