What does winopen(3G) do?

Steve Lamont spl at duck.ncsc.org
Thu May 31 09:48:44 AEST 1990

In article <8274 at odin.corp.sgi.com> robert at sgi.com writes:
>by default, winopen does a fork(), creating a running copy of your
>program, then the original program terminates.
>
>Issue the foreground() call before you do any winopen()'s, if this is
>not what you want.

Pardon my puzzlement, but what are the comparative advantages of forking or
not forking upon winopen()?

							spl (the p stands for
							puzzled person)
Steve Lamont, sciViGuy	(919) 248-1120		EMail:	spl at ncsc.org
NCSC (The other one), Box 12889, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
"It's not a question of whose habitat it is, it's a question of how hard you
hit it."		-Douglas Adams, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"