3D math rendering

Michael Zeitlin mjz at texhrc.UUCP
Sat May 5 11:47:03 AEST 1990

   Does anybody know of some easy to use code that takes math
    functions and renders them on the Iris in 3D complete
     with color, lighting and shading?

     I am working with power functions of the type (1/x)^-A.
     I want to view Y as a function of X for a family of A's
     with X varying in the "third" dimension.    Any suggestions?

     I tried playing with wavefront's Visualizer with no success.
     Before I start writing Gl to do this, I just know this must
     have been done before....any suggestions will be most
     appreciated....I'll post any solutions e-mailed to me....

     !nuchat!texhrc!mjz