prefposition'ing psview

Charles E. Towne pstowne at zargon.lerc.nasa.gov
Fri May 4 03:04:22 AEST 1990

In an earlier article I asked about defining a default position and
size for the psview window.  Prefposition doesn't work with psview.
Mark Callow at SGI (msc at ramoth.sgi.com) responded:

>You are right.  Psview defines its own PaintIcon functions which just
>paints the FrameLabel.  There isn't any way to define a default position.
>
>Note you can use the -F option to give Frame a fixed size window suitable
                                        ^^^^^
                                 he really means psview
>for an 8.5 * 11 inch page.  I find this a lot more convenient than having
>to stretch out the window.

This works nicely, and does most of what I wanted.  Thanks, Mark.

By looking at the source code for psview, I discovered there are,
apparently, several options like this that aren't documented in the
printed or on-line man page.  I'm not a C or NeWS programmer (not yet,
anyway :-)), so I'm not sure what they all do.  Could someone
knowledgeable describe these options?  (Or, even better, post or point
the way to an up-to-date man page for psview?)  Thanks.

Charles E. Towne                     Email: pstowne at zargon.lerc.nasa.gov
MS 5-11                              Phone: (216) 433-5851
NASA Lewis Research Center
Cleveland, OH 44135