Arena Source Code Available?

miq at sgi.com miq at sgi.com
Tue May 8 05:43:50 AEST 1990

In article <9005031445.aa07158 at VGR.BRL.MIL> GJACKSON at TACOM-EMH2.ARMY.MIL writes:
>We are very interested in connecting two iris's together for a
>real time computer generated imagery system.  The level of information
>to be shared is on the same order as that when the demo program "arena"
>is run on the network.  Does anyone have source code available
>for "arena" that we can have to experiment with.
>
>Thanks in advance ... Gerry

The Customer Support Center refers the curious to Marketing where for a nominal
fee of $100 plus a signed non-disclosure agreement, you can get a tape contain-
ing the source for all the common demos and some neat Public Domain application
programs.  There are four different tapes; 2000/3000 series, 4D/G series, 4D/GT
and GTX Series, and the Personal IRIS series.

Here is a run down of what each tape includes:
2000/3000:
	SGI Demo source
	Princeton Toolkit (ICGLtools)
	ICARE {Interactive Computer Aided RGB Editor}
	Lemming Editor {a PIC image editor, not for small furry rodents}
	Naval Postgraduate School S/W {5 sample applications for simulators}
	Twixt {3D animation constructor}{

4D machines: {all series have same programs, just ported to that platform}
	SGI Demo source
	Princeton Toolkit (ICGLtools)
	Lemming Editor
	Oper {unix job control applications for batch processing}
	Chemistry Software {semi-empirical molecular orbital package}
	NCSA Height-Color Visualzer {bi-variate data viewer}
	Twixt
	TeX {typesetting system}

To order one of these tapes, send a check (include sales tax if you are a
resident of AL, AZ, CA,CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NM, NC, OH,
PA, TX, VA, or WA), a list of all workstations and their serial numbers you
wish to run the software on, your desired package and a return address, name,
and telephone number to:

	Silicon Graphics, Inc.
	User Services
	Mailstop 9L-415
	2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
	Mountian View, CA 94087-7311

The preceding information was taken from the IRIS software exchange, Number 2
dated December 1989.  This is the only information I have on these particular
items, and I have no idea how current this information is.  None of these
packages will be able to be supported by the Customer Support Center, and most
of the $100 goes towards tapes and shipping costs I am sure.

--
"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
	"Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"