Can't set time correctly...

No-User%Bad-Host at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU No-User%Bad-Host at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Wed Oct 31 06:49:06 AEST 1990

I don't know what exactly I did correctly, but I solved the
problem by

1) Shutting off the timed daemon.
2) Using sysadm to set the timezone stuff (I am not quite certain about
the syntax for timezone and daylight saving time/standard time, so I let
the machine do it)

That solved the problem right away, but for good measure I rebooted the
machine anyway.

I would like to use timed as a slave to a trusted host, but the
boys at the main computer center don't like my(sgi's) timed. Too bossy.

Thanks for your note.
| karron at nyu.edu (mail alias that will always find me)                        |
|                                         Dan Karron                          |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . .             New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \ \    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Please Note : Soon to move to dan at karron.med.nyu.edu 128.122.135.3  (Nov 1 )|