3rd party hardware & maintenance by SGI

Amy Swanson amys at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 2 07:18:10 AEST 1990

I am interested in hearing from sites that currently have 3rd party hardware
on their SGI systems and how their maintenance is handled by SGI.  I am
well aware of SGI's policy concerning 3rd party hardware, but like everyone
else, current budgets require purchasing less expensive non-SGI hardware.  I
would like to know if people have run into "roadblocks" from SGI when their
systems need maintenance and how it has been handled.

Thanks in advance,
Amy

Amy K. Swanson
UNIX System Administrator
NCSA - National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign

amys at ncsa.uiuc.edu