NFS Errors on 3.2

Michael K. Kibler mkibler at eecs.wsu.edu
Fri Oct 19 02:34:00 AEST 1990

I am experiencing NFS problems with 3.2:

fstab entry:

yoda:/local3 /net/yoda/local3 nfs rw,soft,bg 0 0

Problem: If I cd to /net/yoda/local3 and type "ls tr*" it works fine.
	 If I cd to /net/yoda/local3/anysubdir and type "ls tr*" I get
	 an NFS error: NFS readdir failed for server yoda: RPC can't
	 decode result. It doesn't matter what the ownership and/or
	 permissions are on the file. It is dependent on the level
	 of directory subnesting.

This works fine for all of our other non sgi systems on the network.
Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something wrong. I just got these
sgi boxes a couple of days ago and have not read the manuals yet.
One more thing, we are running Yellow Pages served from yoda.
--

 ---- Mike  ( ~~ Radiosity is more than just heat! )