g++ on 4D or 3130

Amos Shapira amoss at shum.huji.ac.il
Tue Oct 16 16:34:57 AEST 1990

l.CA>
Apparently-To: post-usenet at ucbvax.berkeley.edu

ivan at IRO.UMontreal.CA (Catalin Ivan) writes:

>Hi, where can I find g++ sources, libraries and docs.

>And most important have anybody ported or installed it on the 4D or 3130 machin
es?
>Did you succeeded (easily?) or found any problems?

Try to ftp it from foobar.colorado.edu (there are other sites as well, don't
remember their names right now). The sources there should give you also -g
flag (both for gcc and g++). I managed to compile a regular g++ based on their
gcc but not their g++, I'll try again soon. Also I managed to compile (and use,
of course) g++ based on the regular gcc (from prep.ai.mit.edu, the GNU home),
but this one doesn't include -g.

If you want more info then you might want to ask meissner at osf.org, which
did most of this blessed work, and maintains a mailing list about installing
(NOT use of!) g++ on MIPS machines.

Hope this helps,
Amos Shapira
amoss at batata.huji.ac.il