How can I allocate big mbufs in a device driver?

Jack Jansen jack at cwi.nl
Fri Oct 12 02:47:17 AEST 1990

I need help from some kernel guru.

I'm writing a device driver for Irix 3.3 (on a personal Iris) and
I have to allocate an mbuf with a cluster. However, neither MCLALLOC
nor MCLGET are available, and there is a comment in mbuf.h that you
should use m_vget() in stead. (Unfortunately the device driver guide
doesn't handle berkeleyisms at all).

Would anyone out there know the arguments to m_vget()?

Thanks,
Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht	| Oral:     Jack Jansen
zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen	| Internet: jack at cwi.nl
dan dooft het licht			| Uucp:     hp4nl!cwi.nl!jack