problem with malloc

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Sat Oct 27 00:52:16 AEST 1990

In article <9010252231.AA23626 at snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca> mike at SNOWHITE.CIS.UOGUELPH.CA writes:
>    I probably won't be the first or the last to say this, but you've probably
>got a loose pointer on your deck somewhere.  If you write into memory that you
>quite some time ago in program terms.  To help you out with this, SGI provides
>a really neat option for memory debugging called 'mallopt'.  If you look at

See also the public-domain debugging malloc routines that are available from
the comp.sources.unix archives.  After you use one of these things (or mallopt),
and debug your code, you go back to using the system malloc routine, since
these range-checking guys are inefficient.

	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixc(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***