1024 x 768 video from Personal Iris?

Jim Bennett bennett at sgi.com
Tue Oct 2 09:28:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep28.203415.5363 at odin.corp.sgi.com> msc at sgi.com writes:
>In article <JSP.90Sep27120328 at milton.biostr.washington.edu>,
>jsp at milton.biostr.washington.edu (Jeff Prothero) writes:
>|> Does anyone know how/if you produce 1024 x 768 video on a Personal
>|> Iris?  I understand the PI is available with a Sony monitor which runs
>|> at this resolution, but am unable to find anyone who has such a beast,
>|> any manual reference to putting the PI into such a video mode, any
>|> header file defining such a mode, or any hint that a special video
>|> board is required/available.
>
>The PI with the 14 inch monitor has different video hardware.  I don't know
>what is involved in changing from one to another.
>
>--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
>msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
>"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
>a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."

Newer versions of the Personal Iris (those shipped since the middle of
1989) have a nine pin connector in addition to the standard RGB BNC jacks.
This nine pin connector is for the 14 inch monitor option, which is
1024 x 768.  So if you have a machine with one of these connectors, you
are in luck.

Jim Bennett			(bennett at esd.sgi.com)