uucp/cu, etc; where is it?

Bob Green bobg at rains.wpd.sgi.com
Fri Oct 12 00:52:16 AEST 1990

In article <90Oct11.064747edt.19184 at me.utoronto.ca>, eastick at me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:
|> I bought a truckload of 4D25's.  The 3.3.0 O/S was loaded before I got
|> them and I only got 3.2.1 tapes (loading done by a middle-corp).  I'd like
|> to know if I was supposed to get the binaries for uucp and cu in particular.
|> Or, is it on a 3.2.1 tape I can snarf it off of.

The 'cu' and 'uucp' utilities are part of the eoe2.sw.uucp sybsystem.  Since they
are not installed by default you will have to use the manual mode of the
installation tools to grab them from the tape.

If you have 3.3 installed on your system them you should have 3.3 + 3.3.1 tapes
and documentation.  Do not try to pull files from a 3.2.1 tape onto your 3.3
system.

Bob Green
Silicon Graphics