Unusual SYSLOG error

Chris Wagner jwag at moose.asd.sgi.com
Wed Oct 31 05:03:51 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct29.183037.1059 at urz.unibas.ch>, doelz at urz.unibas.ch writes:
> In article <9010251712.AA10375 at dcdlaa.fnal.gov>,
> amedeo at DCDLAA.FNAL.GOV (Lisa Amedeo) writes:
> >
> >      Does anybody have any ideas on this error.  Its been the
> >      /usr/etc/SYSLOG file for a while.  I was recently assigned
> ..
> > Oct  9 10:58:17 fndaub grcond[2296]: CIO:
> > Oct  9 10:58:17 fndaub grcond[2296]: CIO:
> Tue Aug 14 16:44:30 1990 user unknown revision(1.126CLOVER2IP7GT)

As you surmise, it is not an error, rather an informational item.
The revision is of course the RCS revision of the microcode file.
The user field is another compiled in string - it is used
during development to identify the developer so that when
someone walks up to a machine they can tell if there is
experimental microcode loaded or not. When the official releases are
build a anonymous user id is placed there.

Chris Wagner