prof

Robert Skinner robert at texas.asd.sgi.com
Tue Oct 23 06:48:13 AEST 1990

In article <9010192207.AA04419 at bass.bu.edu>, tasos at BU-PUB.BU.EDU writes:
|> I have a program that does m_fork() and I am linking with the -p option, but
|> when I run the profiler (with mon.out) I am getting the following message:
|>
|> Sorry, to use 'prof' you must relink with non-shared libraries
|>
|> What does that mean, and what am I supposed to do?
|>
|> thanks in advance,
|>
|> tasos
|>
|> tasos at bu-pub.bu.edu

if you are linking with the -lgl_s, -lfm_s or -lc_s libraries, substitute
-lgl, -lfm, and -lc.  Although, if you are using m_fork, you are probably
already using -lmpc instead of -lc_s.

Robert Skinner
robert at sgi.com

	I started comprehending the beginning of the ending of the human race.
	I'm an American child on a nuclear pile.

			- Shawn Phillips