Problems encountered during migration to 3.3.1

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Wed Oct 31 11:20:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct26.230347.10855 at jarvis.csri.toronto.edu>, lansd at dgp.toronto.edu (Robert Lansdale) writes:

|> 2) The interactive camera manipulator (using the SGI graphics engine)
|> of my 3D renderer now thinks the window is being moved (the red outline
|> appears) whenever the user presses the left mouse button. The camera
|> manipulator itself still functions properly. The polling code looks like:
|>
|> 		while (TRUE) {
|> 			/* Auto-spin mode */
|> 			while ((current_mode == SPIN) && !qtest() && !getbutton(LEFTMOUSE) && !getbutton(MIDDLEMOUSE)) {
|> 				mode = SPIN;
|> 				Update_Scene();
|> 			}
You need to qdevice buttons that you are interested in so that the window
manager knows to give up its own interest.  There was a bug in previous
releases such that the window manager didn't pay attention to left mouse
over the window's ClientCanvas (central portion).

--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."