toolplaces/xwininfo equivalent?

David S. Browning browning at nas.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 17 10:55:18 AEST 1990

In IRIX 3.2 running 4Sight 1.4 on a 4D/60.
(No IRIX 3.3 'till I get bigger disks.)

I'd like to extract position and size information from the windows that
are currently on my screen (not just their prefposition's).  After I
move the windows around so they're how I want them, I want to know what
size and position coordinates to put in my user.ps file so they will
come up the same way next time.  Suntools has "toolplaces," X11 has
"xwininfo." Is there something similar for 4Sight (rather, NeWS)?

-- David

--
| Internet:  browning at wilbur.nas.nasa.gov           Phone:  (415) 604-4321   |