How is one informed of a tidy-icon event?

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Wed Oct 31 10:48:24 AEST 1990

In article <496 at voodoo.UUCP>, tomm at voodoo.voodoo.uucp (Tom Mackey) writes:
|> Here's the problem and question:  If you run it so as to get
|> several windows, and then "iconify" some of them, either by
|> selecting the 'Stow' menu entry or by clicking on the stow window
|> border button, and then try to tidy them either by selecting the
|> 'Tidy' icon menu entry or the 'Tidy Icons' menu entry from the
|> Windows toolchest, the iconified window is put in a strange state.

This sounds like it might be a bug.  You should be receiving a REDRAWICONIC
since you've queued that event.  There is no special tidy icon event.

|> And another thing:  If I close multiwin window by window, all but
|> the last get a WINSHUT as expected, but the last close generates a
|> WINQUIT instead!  Pretty neat, but how do it know???

The window server (NeWS server) remembers all the windows your program opened
and keeps track of them.  We worked pretty hard to make this multiwindow
stuff sensible.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."