Effect of 'volatile' on structures

George Hartzell hartzell at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Sat Oct 13 09:39:29 AEST 1990

In article <11261 at sybase.sybase.com>, mcfong at mercury (Martin C. Fong) writes:
>The MIPS machine produces the following results:
>
>	a{i,j} = {0,0}
>	b{i,j} = {1,1}
>	c{i,j} = {1,1}
>
>while the SGI and DEC machine produces these results:
>
>	a{i,j} = {0,0}
>	b{i,j} = {1,0}
>	c{i,j} = {1,1}
>
>Could someone please try this program on RISC ULTRIX 4.0 and SGI IRIX
>3.3?  Because the MIPS machine produces the "expected" results, I will

On a DECstation 3100 running 4.0:
cc -O -o foo foo.c
foo
 a{i,j} = {0,0}
 b{i,j} = {1,0}
 c{i,j} = {1,1}

cc  (cc)
        Mips Computer Systems 2.0

g.
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell at Boulder.Colorado.EDU           ..!ncar!boulder!hartzell