sendmail.cf

stewart%gandal.dnet at ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU stewart%gandal.dnet at ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU
Fri Oct 19 22:44:56 AEST 1990

This is a question regarding configuration of sendmail.cf in IRIX 3.3.1.
I would like to be able to send my mail through a forwarding host not
on my local domain, e.g. the forwarding host is mail.cc.uni.edu, whereas
my local machine is iris.dd.uni.edu.  I cannot seem to configure sendmail.cf
to do this properly.  (I can make other irises use this forwarder, however,
they are in the local domain, e.g. xxx.cc.uni.edu).

I am also interested in knowing how to make the iris utilize a nameserver
without this hanging NeWS whenever the nameserver is down.  I was under
the impression from conversations with the hotline that this would be
fixed in 3.3.  Apparently not.

David Stewart
University Computing and Networking Services, The University of Georgia
E-mail STEWART%GANDAL.DNET at ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU