Simulating Transparency using Fill Patterns

Brent Thomas Corkum corkum at csri.toronto.edu
Tue Oct 9 12:04:25 AEST 1990

A while back I posted a request for information on how to simulate
transparency using fill patterns on a personal iris. I first want to
thank everyone that responded, you made life considerably more easy.
I also want to give back a little something in return as well, I'm
placing in an anonymous ftp site an example program that illustrates
the use of fill patterns for transparency. The executable is there
as well, it was compiled under version 3.2 of the operating system as
we do not have 3.3 yet (by the way where is it SGI?). The example is a
rotating helix or spiral with three different levels of transparency.

To ftp the example log in anonymously to

boulder.civ.toronto.edu  (128.100.14.11)

the example is in the directory

pub/TRANSPARENCY

If you do not have this capability I can mail you this example.

Brent Corkum
corkum at csri.toronto.edu